You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-08 15:34:11

daanjderuiter

[SOLVED] NetworkManager connections momentarily dropping

Since a couple of days, I notice that my network connections on my notebook drop for a fraction of a second (both ethernet and WiFi seem to be affected) before reconnecting. This is visible in the nm-applet as well as any networking-related settings menus. I haven't had any such issues in the past, and my Windows install is unaffected. This behaviour is annoying, since programs like Whatsapp Web will not work if they lose connectivity for only a moment.
Since both my WiFi and ethernet are affected, and it does not seem to be a hardware issue, I suspect it has nothing to do with my specific networking hardware, but just in case, I'm using an Atheros Killer E2200 ethernet controller and Intel 7260 WiFi-card.
I have not tried any NetworkManager alternatives yet, but am pretty reluctant to do so since it is otherwise very convenient. The package is up-to-date.
Does anyone have similar experiences or tips to fix this?

EDIT: connections to another router don't seem to have this issue, so it's got something to do with my router. Still, my only my notebook under Arch has these issues. Anything it could be?

Last edited by daanjderuiter (2018-03-08 16:58:32)

#2 2018-03-08 16:42:45

seth

Re: [SOLVED] NetworkManager connections momentarily dropping

You should check your journal on what NM does/complains about.
Might be an issue with dhcp leases (though the most common issue would be concurrent interface managing services - albeit they'd probably hit on all routers)

#3 2018-03-08 16:57:58

daanjderuiter

Re: [SOLVED] NetworkManager connections momentarily dropping

For some obscure reason, the router set the TTL for my Arch host to 1 second... This wasn't persistent, so a reboot resolved the issue.

Board footer