You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I'm not running a DM on my new build, so I just use startx to launch Xorg (along with XFCE via .xinitrc) Here's my question:
Is there a good way to shut down X and XFCE without powering off the box? For those of you that run multiple DEs without a DM, how do you start/stop them?
Offline
XFCE has a logout option in the menu.
What I do is just `kill tmuxwm` or `kill Xorg` or `kill xi`.
Last edited by Trilby (2018-03-15 22:15:10)
"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman
Offline
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
Offline
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
Is Ctrl-Alt-Backspace active by default now? I remember I had to specifically activate it with something like 'Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"' way back when xorg received some config file overall.
R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K
Offline
No, it is not default. But it is still the best way to close a WM!
Offline
Pages: 1