You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-07 05:40:16

lilmike

fully replacing mariadb with percona-server

Hi,
I've migrated my servers to percona-server from community because I needed some features available only in mysql 5.7.x, and I didn't see maria db 10.2 in the repositories. Now, however, I think I have a slight problem.
I try to run mysql_upgrade every update of the percona-server package, just in case. However, as of the last two releases, it segfaults after "running queries to upgrade database..." I *think* this has to do with libmariadbclient being used as the default mysql library. Many packages depend on libmariadbclient directly, instead of depending on something that could be provided by any mysql implementation, such as mysql_library or something. So my guess is that the mysql_upgrade program is running with the library from maria db, and thus failing to run properly. Any way to fix this, or does anyone know what else could be going wrong?
Thanks!
-Michael.

#2 2018-05-09 22:42:45

gerdesj

Re: fully replacing mariadb with percona-server

I'm no expert but then, no one else has dived in yet.  It might be worth considering a dump/upgrade software/restore.  If you think the wrong libraries are in use then you could use ldd, strace and others to see what is going on but be aware this is not for the faint of heart.

You mention "servers" - please bear in mind that whilst Arch is bloody amazing, it is still a pretty niche distro in the grand scheme of things.  Then allow that you are looking for help on a pretty niche area on that niche distro.

Board footer