You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-17 20:54:58

peque

instiki and arch -->ruby?? [solved]

Hi Guys!

I'm have now found the greatest wiki for my needs and would like to set it up. But I having some problems. the setup:
Archlinux 0.7.2
Ruby
postgres db

After downloading the pacjage - untar it - - and the manual says just run ./instiki and here it goes.   -> but I only get a totally blank page. But I found out that the ruby  should support / have a psql adapter installed! Well i get ruby using pacman.

Well now I found ruby-pgsql in AUR. But before I' m fucking my machine totally up - i would like to know if anybody have succeded with this project before me???

Just getting better .... All the time

#2 2006-07-17 21:35:36

elasticdog
Website

Re: instiki and arch -->ruby?? [solved]

I personally use Ruby Gems to manage all of my Ruby related items (including the Postgres database adapter).  I think it's a bit easier than trying to make/find PKGBUILDs for everything Ruby related when most of it is distributed by the <code>gems</code> system anyway.  So, I would suggest installing the <code>rubygems</code> package from the AUR and then using it to install stuff like that...

#3 2006-07-17 22:30:56

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

yeah. I agree wholeheartedly.

Use pacman to install ruby, then install ruby gems.
Then use gems to install ruby specific utils/programs.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2006-07-19 19:13:59

peque

Well - Still I havent been able to get instiki to run ??
Have anybody got that to run ?? I don't know it that well - but what I have seen - it looks really great to me

#5 2006-07-20 07:47:14

peque

Well - pretty funny that ruby - but I' ll give that to you - when you got it figured out rubygems rocks

Board footer