You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-16 07:38:54

MarcelB

Maintaining PKGBUILD

Hi,

i search an easy way to maintain and share some PKGBUILD (from company related aplications) to different users/systems. I found documentation/examples, how to provide compiled packages via a closed repo. More elegant/flexible for me, would be using company related/closed AUR with yaourt/similar.

It is possible to use yaout (or some other aur helper tool) with an special/non public AUR? What i have to do, to create my own AUR? It is just an svn repo, which contains the PKGBUILDs organised within the ABS folder structure?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel

#2 2018-08-16 12:39:21

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Maintaining PKGBUILD

If you are asking these questions you should most definitely not be using yaourt, or any other aur helper for that matter.

If you want to share a PKGBUILD with coworkers, send them the PKGBUILD, or share it on the local network.  That's it.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2018-08-16 23:37:45

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

Easy: dump the src tarballs on a web server with directory browsing enabled.

Hard: The AUR source code is open. You're free to host your own: https://git.archlinux.org/aurweb.git/

#4 2018-08-17 06:14:59

MarcelB

Thanks for the replies.

The AUR/yaourt was just the first idea, how this could work. At least i'm searching for a way, to easy update >10 self created packages, which depends on each other. Sharing the PKGBUILD and creating a bash script would work, but this mean, take care of dependencies again, what feels wrong for me. Is there a better/easier way for this?

Last edited by MarcelB (2018-08-17 06:15:26)

#5 2018-08-17 07:51:52

Slithery
Administrator

Just maintain your own repo, it's the best solution.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#6 2018-08-17 13:30:03

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

MarcelB wrote:

but this mean, take care of dependencies again, what feels wrong for me. Is there a better/easier way for this?

What do you mean?  If you want to packages build on the individual machines, and you know ahead of time what those packages are, resolve the dependency ordering once then just build and install them in the proper order on the targets.  You could even put PKGBUILDs in ordered directories, e.g.:

packages
   01_some_dependency
   02_other_dependency
   03_top_level_pkg
   04_another_top

Then your "script" would just be:

for pkg in packages; do cd $pkg; makepkg -si; cd ..; done

But if you can have your own repo - as noted above - that would be the best.  Build them all once.  Pacman handles dependencies whether or not the packages in question are in a main repo or a custom repo.

Last edited by Trilby (2018-08-17 13:32:15)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer