You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-18 12:40:16

vegas

NetworkManager VPN requires CA private key

since a few days all my VPN connections except IPSec ones stopped working. When I try to edit such connections using nm-connection-editor, the save button is grayed out. Starting nm-connection-editor in a shell reveals that I am not allowed to save the configuration because of "** Message: 14:13:22.926: Cannot save connection due to error: Ungültige Einstellung VPN: ca: Kein Schlüssel gesetzt" which frankly translates to invalid configuration VPN: ca: no key configured. And yes I don't have such a value. Using openvpn directly allows me to set up a connection to one of the privateinternetaccess gateways only asking for username and password.  Importing the same configuration using the nm-connection-editor is forcing me to set a CA private key. Same issue on my companies VPN.
I am naive when it comes to certificates and stuff but from my 101 I am pretty sure that one should not share private keys and so I expect that privateinternetaccess is not willing to share their private key with me, especially when it obviously work without the key in a different setup. So maybe you girls and guys have a good idea what I am doing wrong.

#2 2018-08-18 16:22:55

definitellynotspammer

Re: NetworkManager VPN requires CA private key

Not sure if it helps, but I can no longer connect to my VPN via network manager applet. Instead I have to use nmtui as an alternative. No idea when this is going to be fixed...

#3 2018-08-19 12:27:00

mr_dashi

Re: NetworkManager VPN requires CA private key

Board footer