You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-29 21:08:52

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

connman hooks?

I have to change over to connman (was using NetworkManager and prior to that netctl) as I'm experimenting with wds so I can miracast to a smart TV, and wds requires connman.

Connecting to networks isn't hard, but I'm not sure how to duplicate netctl's hooks/interfaces (which run scripts on networking going up/down or for various interfaces) or Networkmanager-dispatcher (which does the same in a more init.d style). There's a 5-year old project called connman-dispatcher[1], but surely something basic like this would be built-in?

[1] - https://github.com/a-sk/connman-dispatcher

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#2 2018-09-30 00:37:49

rsmarples

Re: connman hooks?

Why does WDS require conman?

#3 2018-09-30 07:54:00

seth

wds/sink and wds/desktop_source do, intel "vendor lock-in".
libwds itself doesn't.

#4 2018-09-30 08:03:22

progandy

It looks like it depends on the P2P API provided by connman, e.g. RegisterPeerService. I don't know if NetworkManager has any of that or how that can be achieved without it.

Edit: connman does not have an interface to run scripts, you have to listen to dbus events and react to those.

Edit: rsmarples, this is about Wireless Display Software for Linux OS (WDS), not Wireless Distribution System (WDS)

Last edited by progandy (2018-09-30 08:20:07)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#5 2018-09-30 22:37:02

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

progandy wrote:

Edit: connman does not have an interface to run scripts, you have to listen to dbus events and react to those.

Sigh, was afraid of that. Time to dig up my old network-monitoring scripts.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer