You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-23 23:29:41

LucetLux

[SOLVED]Drupal installs to domain/drupal folder and not root of websit

I followed the guide for installing drupal from the arch wiki, also a bit of this https://medium.com/@zacmps/installing-a … 3f1930f027 since I had no idea how to handle the mariadb database and at least that article on the wiki doesn't explain it.
I had a bit of trouble but in the end I got it to work, the problem is, drupal is only accesible from  <domain>/drupal and not the main domain, that instead shows the apache basic index page, I've been looking around the web for hours and couldn't find a fix that works for me, so how would I go about fixing that?
I would appreciate any guidance, thanks in advance.

Last edited by LucetLux (2018-10-01 04:15:08)

#2 2018-08-24 00:53:01

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [SOLVED]Drupal installs to domain/drupal folder and not root of websit

LucetLux wrote:

I followed the guide for installing drupal from the arch wiki, also a bit of this...

Which bit of that, exactly?  The two guides are entirely different.

However, for the present purposes that doesn't really matter.  Both include the following line:

Alias /drupal "/usr/share/webapps/drupal"

If you don't know what that line does, stop and rethink what you are doing.  If you do know what that line does, you should be ready to mark this thread as SOLVED.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2018-08-24 02:58:19

LucetLux

I mostly followed the second guide for the mysql stuff, what's on the wiki for the super basic mysql setup I want is just overly complicated and hard to understand. Besides that I think both guides are pretty similar.
The alias stuff was just in the "installing drupal manually" section, and it is nowhere to be seen on the arch wiki. I completely ignored that stuff since I didn't install it manually but instead I intalled it from pacman.
And no, I did not know what that line was doing, why should I know this beforehand if I've never messed with this software before? I find the tone of people replying here always so condescending, I spent hours sitting in front of my computer trying to get this stuff working and trying to figure it out on my own and only came here as a last resort because I was absolutely sick of trying out things that didn't work, sorry I'm not a linux guru and I wasn't born knowing everything, give me a break.

If you weren't trying to be condescending I apologise but that's the treatment I usually seem to get here.

What should I change the alias to for it to work as I want it to? I tried several things including "/" which doesn't work giving me a 403 error and setting it to "index.php" does weird stuff. And yes, I am trying stuff blind here since I couldn't find anything that helps me with my particular issue online, I am aware I must be missing something otherwise this issue would be all over the web, but please I do not know what I am doing wrong and I followd the guide on the wiki step by step several times now, help me.

Last edited by LucetLux (2018-08-24 03:59:16)

#4 2018-10-01 04:14:33

LucetLux

Installed drupal manually and that's the only way I could get it to work properly. Not actually "solved" but still.

Board footer