You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-08 08:39:33

hyperspider

BitTorrent speed spikes then drops to 0 inside VirtualBox VM

I've got a fairly fresh Arch VM (Linux kernel version 4.20.6-arch1-1-ARCH) with the Plasma DE, running in VirtualBox 6.0.4. The host is a Win10 64-bit machine.

When I try to load any torrent in the Arch VM, the speed spikes to 1MB/s in about 15-20 seconds, then drops down to 0 within a minute or so. This happens on any torrent I try. The torrent applications' logs don't display any special information.

I've tried both Deluge and qBitTorrent, same results with the default config (except I set the download directory to a shared folder on my host machine's drive).

I have virtualbox-guest-utils installed, and I've tried both virtualbox-guest-modules-arch on the standard linux kernel, as well as virtualbox-guest-dkms on linux-lts. Neither seems to work.

Out of curiosity, I tried spinning up an Ubuntu VM as well, and BitTorrent works fine there with no special configuration, so I think that should rule out VirtualBox or my host machine being the problem.

I had this working before: a few months ago, I had an Arch VM with BitTorrent working just fine, but when I tried using it in that same VM a few days ago, I ran into this issue. I decided to delete that VM and start fresh, but the problem is occurring in the new VM as well.

Please let me know any more information I can provide that could help!

Board footer