You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-18 13:13:07

rado84
Banned

Is there any video editor capable of adding an image directly.........

...onto the video? I tried Kdenlive and OpenShot but it seems they can only add images to the timeline of the video thus making the image part of the whole video. Whereas what I need is to add a small image onto a sector of the video. For better understanding of what I need check out this video - you'll see there were added static images (drawn by hand human heads) on top of the moving pictures - the part where it reads "I'm safe here" is the perfect example for the needed feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsLS-3dEVjc&t=46s

He told me he used Sony Vegas for doing that but despite I managed to install it using Wine, this program simply won't run properly in Linux, so I need a similar software capable of doing the same, preferably a native software.

Last edited by rado84 (2019-05-18 13:13:40)

Core i7-4770, GTX 1660 Ti, 32 GB RAM, Arch 6.x LTS, Cinnamon 5.2.7, GDM

#2 2019-05-18 13:41:35

BreadyX

Re: Is there any video editor capable of adding an image directly.........

KDEnlive should be perfectly capable of adding a static image on top of a video. You need to first create a new video track on top of the one with your video, import the static image with 'Project > Import Clip' and select the image. Then you can drag and drop the imported image on the new track above the one with the video. You can then add a transform effect and scale, rotate ecc... as you wish.

#3 2019-05-18 13:46:32

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

man ffmpeg wrote:

For example, to overlay an image over video

ffmpeg -i video.mkv -i image.png -filter_complex '[0:v][1:v]overlay[out]' -map '[out]' out.mkv

Here "[0:v]" refers to the first video stream in the first input file, which is linked to the first (main) input of the overlay filter. Similarly the first video stream in the second input is linked to the second (overlay) input of overlay.

Furthermore we can omit the output label and the single output from the filter graph will be added to the output file automatically, so we can simply write

ffmpeg -i video.mkv -i image.png -filter_complex 'overlay' out.mkv

There are other examples in the vicinity in that man page, and plenty can be found online for searching for "overlay image on video in ffmpeg"

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2019-05-20 00:32:50

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

I don't think any real video editor would NOT be able to do this. My own go-to (cinelerra) definitely can, and similarly to what BreadyX said, it's just by adding another track for the static image.

ffmpeg is probably the easiest way to go though.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2019-05-24 17:39:59

apaz

Every video editors do what you want with ease. I use Cinelerra-GG Infinity and it's done by adding the image on another track and then extending it for the whole length of the clip. Then by acting on the movements of the Camera or Projector or using the Perspective plugin you can resize and move the image where you want.

Board footer