You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-18 18:56:41

Benedict_White
Website

[SOLVED] /run/clamav ownership keeps changing on reboot.

I run a server running Postfix, Amavisd, Spamassassin and Clamav which worked well until it needed a reboot today (or rather got one due to a power cut).

This resulted in an issue with clamd not starting as the engine was too outdated (yes I know I should keep up to date) so I updated the server with pacman -Syu (did key ring refresh... had to fix a non boot issue but got the server up.)

The issue is that I run clamav under a different user than clamav (amavis) and also a different group.

I've worked through all the issues with that (there seems to be an issue with the documentation as highlighted here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=242244

I've got clamd running, and a socket Amavisd can talk to. All great apart from one thing:

When you reboot the folder /run/clamav/ changes ownership back from a manually set amavis:amavis to clamav:clamav and clamd can't read and write a pid file until that's fixed.

I can't find the file where this is set. Any ideas?

Last edited by Benedict_White (2019-07-18 19:50:35)

Kind regards

Benedict White

#2 2019-07-18 19:00:08

Slithery
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] /run/clamav ownership keeps changing on reboot.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#3 2019-07-18 19:48:02

Benedict_White
Website

Many thanks that fixed that problem.

Just a little shame it doesn't pick that up from a config file but now I know.

I just have an unrelated issue with Bind not starting properly until you restart it now.... but that would be an issue for another thread.

Kind regards

Benedict White

#4 2019-07-19 02:05:16

amish

You marked thread as [SOLVED] but you havent mentioned what was your solution! (Or what was answer to your questions)

Its always a good idea to provide your solution when you mark thread as solved.

Basically you can:

cp /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/clamav.conf /etc/tmpfiles.d/clamav.conf

Then edit /etc/tmpfiles.d/clamav.conf and change username at all appropriate locations

#5 2019-07-19 19:30:36

Benedict_White
Website

As it happens I just changed them where they were but that would be better as they will not get over written next upgrade. Many thanks.

Kind regards

Benedict White

Board footer