You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-16 09:48:30

yaalu

Strange wireless behavior

Greetings!

The problem that made me get out of the read-only mode is following: while installing the distro through my home wifi using wifi-menu (netctl) everything works like a charm.

But as soon as I boot into the installed system I can't connect to that very access point. It's just not visible to my laptop while all other networks is on the list.

Chroot back - and it's there!

I've trided wicd, netctl, networkmanager (preliminarily disabling and unistalling prevous network maneger) all with same result: it shows to me all available access points around exept mine.

Please contribute.

#2 2019-10-16 09:50:43

Slithery
Administrator

Re: Strange wireless behavior

Did you install the linux-firmware package during installation?

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#3 2019-10-16 09:51:11

yaalu

yes

#4 2019-10-24 14:41:45

xse

Hey,

I've experienced this multiple times with a specific dongle on several different systems and architectures. The first wifi connection i make works great and as soon as i reboot i'll never get wifi ever again.
In my case it's driver related, the default rtl8xxxu driver doesn't do great with my dongle.

I fix it by blacklisting rtl8xxxu and installing rtl8192eu, see https://github.com/Mange/rtl8192eu-linux-driver

I have a specific PKGBUILD i use to fix this, which takes care of installing everything with dkms and setup the automatic thingy to rebuild it each time it's needed when the kernel updates: https://github.com/xse/rtl8192eu-dkms-git

So i'd suspect a similar issue in your case, maybe we can get more informations about your wifi hardware and the driver used.

Have a good day!

Last edited by xse (2019-10-24 14:45:50)

Carefully explaining your problem is half the solution.

Board footer