You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I've been working through this problem for hours, and have yet to come up with anything. Very new, but it seems this is the place for people like me.
I can run awesome wm by using
exec awesome in my ~/.xinitrc file, but when I try to run ratpoison by using
exec ratpoison , I get this error:
Failed to open font
ratpoison:globals.c:338: error: No Xft font available.
Xinit: connection to X server lostAny ideas would greatly be appreciated.
Offline
What is the result of `fc-match Mono-11`?
Last edited by Trilby (2019-12-04 19:28:41)
"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman
Offline
Command completed successfully, but the same results for startx with ratpoison as wm.
Offline
Trilby wants to see the output of the command, not whether it can execute w/o error.
Offline
I apologize, no output at all.
Offline
I assume you just don't have *any* font package installed at all? So install some. (DejaVu, Noto, Adobe Source, … whatever you like)
Offline
Yup, you'd only get that error if there was no font to satisfy "Mono-11", which just about any font package could. The ratpoison package should probably depend on the ttf-font meta package to ensure at least one is installed.
"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman
Offline
Pages: 1