You are not logged in.
Hi,
I installed nvidia 440.44 and rebooted. On startup sddm crashed. I see the following in the logs:
NVRM: API mismatch: the client has the version 440.44, but
NVRM: this kernel module has the version 440.36. Please
NVRM: make sure that this kernel module and all NVIDIA driver
NVRM: components have the same version.modinfo said that all the modules are 440.44.
Had to downgrade to 440.36.
Any idea what cause it?
(This is no related to 5.4.3 no yet in repo)
I'm using nvidia-dkms package.
Thanks
Last edited by Tharbad (2019-12-15 17:08:27)
Offline
That's quite self explanatory, update your system, you should get nvidia-dkms 440.44-2
Offline
That's quite self explanatory, update your system, you should get nvidia-dkms 440.44-2
If the diff between 440.44-1 and 440.44-2 is that 5.4.3 kernel is now out then it's not the problem I'm having.
But I'll try anyway.
Offline
Are the old nvidia modules being loaded from initrd?
Offline
Are the old nvidia modules being loaded from initrd?
Yes:
nvidia-drm.modeset=1
Is that incompatible with dkms?
Edit:
I think I found the culprit: I disabled the nvidia mkinitcpio pacman hook when I moved from the nvidia package to the nvidia dkms package.
Which means that the kernel still used the old version.
Last edited by Tharbad (2019-12-15 16:30:18)
Offline