You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-17 21:33:09

zaramaloo
Member
Registered: 2018-09-12
Posts: 6

compiling Google Play Music Desktop Player from GIT [SOLVED]

Hi I'm fairly new to Arch have been using it for some time and am happy with it. I recently found that the installed AUR version of GPMDP running using snapd but recently it stopped working so I uninstalled and am trying to build the latest version from the GIT repository.  I have installed the pkgbuild base package following Arch Wiki but when I clone the GIT repo and cd into the new folder and execute the pckgbuild command, I get a message "==> ERROR: PKGBUILD does not exist.".  Not sure what else to do, any ideas?

Ok thanks SOLVED and thread CLOSED.

Last edited by zaramaloo (2019-12-18 10:42:08)

Offline

#2 2019-12-17 21:40:19

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,097

Re: compiling Google Play Music Desktop Player from GIT [SOLVED]

Welcome to the arch linux forums zaramaloo.
Could you please elaborate on the exact commands you performed for:

zaramaloo wrote:

I have installed the pkgbuild base package following Arch Wiki but when I clone the GIT repo and cd into the new folder and execute the pckgbuild command, I get a message "==> ERROR: PKGBUILD does not exist.".

Offline

#3 2019-12-17 21:41:46

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: compiling Google Play Music Desktop Player from GIT [SOLVED]


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#4 2019-12-17 23:14:33

zaramaloo
Member
Registered: 2018-09-12
Posts: 6

Re: compiling Google Play Music Desktop Player from GIT [SOLVED]

Ok I have copied the address found on arch page gpmdp-git (https://aur.archlinux.org/gpmdp-git.git) using terminal executed the -si command after cloning, it seems to install then I get an error. The error log is available but long this is a selection of the last two lines: "40248 error Failed at the runas@3.1.1 install script.
40248 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above." Funny that I can download the .rpm file and execute the shell with no problem, just installing seems tricky.....

Offline

#5 2019-12-17 23:39:32

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: compiling Google Play Music Desktop Player from GIT [SOLVED]


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#6 2019-12-17 23:40:38

zaramaloo
Member
Registered: 2018-09-12
Posts: 6

Re: compiling Google Play Music Desktop Player from GIT [SOLVED]

Ok worked out: reinstalled the GDMDP from AUR using yay and works fine (ignored the GIT version) - closing this thread!!

Last edited by zaramaloo (2019-12-17 23:46:36)

Offline

#7 2019-12-17 23:47:11

zaramaloo
Member
Registered: 2018-09-12
Posts: 6

Re: compiling Google Play Music Desktop Player from GIT [SOLVED]

zaramaloo wrote:

Ok worked out: reinstalled the GDMDP from AUR using yay and works fine (ignored the GIT version) - closing this thread!!

Offline

#8 2019-12-17 23:50:40

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow
Registered: 2012-01-15
Posts: 4,648

Re: compiling Google Play Music Desktop Player from GIT [SOLVED]

You "close" a thread by editing your first post and adding [SOLVED] to the title.

How to Post

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB