You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-22 23:55:33

the_cat8567
Member
Registered: 2019-12-22
Posts: 3

[SOLVED]EFI directory mount point not showing up in chroot

Just as the title says on a fresh disk tested on virtual box when I

 arch-chroot /mnt 

Here is the list of commands I did and their outputs

sorry for it being a screenshot i dont know how to copy and paste from a tty in virtualbox

the first picture was a text file I made form the commnads I used and the second is from the chroot

https://imgur.com/a/WeUDzI0
https://imgur.com/a/tvOe1Z4

this is more better

https://imgur.com/wuLoCUV

EDIT:
my own fault didnt realize that the order of creating and mounting partitions mattered

Last edited by the_cat8567 (2019-12-23 00:13:33)

Offline

#2 2019-12-23 00:02:10

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: [SOLVED]EFI directory mount point not showing up in chroot

You created the directories and mounted the partitions in the wrong order, check the wiki.

To post outputs from a TTY...
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … s_and_code


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#3 2019-12-23 00:03:56

the_cat8567
Member
Registered: 2019-12-22
Posts: 3

Re: [SOLVED]EFI directory mount point not showing up in chroot

I see but how would i do that in virtualbox and transfer it the host

Offline

#4 2019-12-23 00:05:39

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow
Registered: 2012-01-15
Posts: 4,648

Re: [SOLVED]EFI directory mount point not showing up in chroot

Moving to Newbie Corner.

Offline

#5 2019-12-23 00:34:32

WorMzy
Administrator
From: Scotland
Registered: 2010-06-16
Posts: 13,674
Website

Re: [SOLVED]EFI directory mount point not showing up in chroot

the_cat8567 wrote:

I see but how would i do that in virtualbox and transfer it the host

Transfer what, the URL? It should be short enough that you can recreate it outside of the VM by training a neural net.


Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB