You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Hi all,
My first post here.
End goal: adjust screen brightness using "light" by binding "Fn + up arrow" key to "light -A 5" and similarly for decrease in brightness - "Fn + down arrow" key to "light -U 5" .
Problem: light commands require sudo in front, which prompts to a password if I run the command manually. After this is entered the screen brightness correctly changes. However, this is a problem if I try to bind the keys to the commands, even if I add sudo, as nothing happens when I hit the keys, which is expected since it requires a password to execute.
Question: how can this issue be circumvented? Should I give sudo privilege to the light command, or should that be avoided? Couldn't any solutions on the forums. Many thanks in advance!
Hardware: Dell XPS 9370
Last edited by Isayp (2019-12-24 22:27:29)
Offline
See permissions:
https://github.com/haikarainen/light
This is also covered in our wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Backlight#ACPI
"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman
Offline
Thanks! Turns out I wasn't in the video group, worked after I added that.
Offline
Pages: 1