You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-07 18:42:14

lignamorren
Member
Registered: 2018-03-05
Posts: 18

iOS ifuse lockdownd problem again

Until recently, I was able to mount my iPhone 7 Plus with a simple "ifuse <mountpoint>". Now I get this error message:

Failed to connect to lockdownd service on the device.
Try again. If it still fails try rebooting your device.

It doesn't matter whether I try it as an ordinary user or root. The phone is running iOS 13.3, and the last time I succeeded with ifuse was in November, before the latest iOS upgrade. This issue seems to occur every couple of years; looks just the same as https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=231544 and https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=212663. Any ideas?

Offline

#2 2020-01-07 18:47:40

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,404

Re: iOS ifuse lockdownd problem again

lignamorren wrote:

It doesn't matter whether I try it as an ordinary user or root. The phone is running iOS 13.3, and the last time I succeeded with ifuse was in November, before the latest iOS upgrade.

Apple does not care - nor want you - to use anything other than their software for accessing your device. They will with certainty have done  something to break this, you will likely have to wait for an update to ifuse.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB