You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-12 00:07:07

PopeRigby

[Solved] Issues with setting up printer

I'm currently trying to setup my printer, and I'm running into some issues.

I've been following the CUPS wiki article, so I've enabled and started org.cups.cupsd.service, and setup .local hostname resolution with Avahi and restarted org.cups.cupsd.service.

After that I typed in avahi-discover, to try and find printers on my local network. It gave me this error:

Failed to connect to Avahi Server (Is it running?): module 'dbus' has no attribute 'SystemBus'

I checked to make sure that the CUPS and Avahi systemd services were running and they were.

Last edited by PopeRigby (2020-01-12 20:57:30)

"I even found myself driving by convenience stores... that weren't on the way home."

#2 2020-01-12 11:36:06

Lone_Wolf

Re: [Solved] Issues with setting up printer

avahi-discover has several dependencies that are optional for the avahi package.

post pacman -Qi avahi and check the optional dependencies.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2020-01-12 20:57:13

PopeRigby

That did it, thanks. So should I check for optional dependencies if something doesn't work in the future?

"I even found myself driving by convenience stores... that weren't on the way home."

#4 2020-01-13 13:11:26

Lone_Wolf

So should I check for optional dependencies if something doesn't work in the future?

That should be the first thing to check, yes.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer