You are not logged in.
Hi There,
I cannot installing NVidia driver.
I've installed NVidia driver with
pacman -S nvidiabut when i try to execute nvidia-settings it says
ERROR: NVIDIA driver is not loadedThis is my configuration.
$lspci | grep -e VGA -e 3D
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 5500 (rev 09)
04:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF117M [GeForce 610M/710M/810M/820M / GT 620M/625M/630M/720M] (rev a1)I've tried Optimus, and seems go nowhere but feels like making worse.
Last edited by ipgd (2020-01-19 07:55:19)
Offline
Did you follow step 5.? https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NV … stallation
Offline
Hello There,
Yes I Did.
I tried for several days.
Did you follow step 5.? https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NV … stallation
Offline
What is the output of dmesg?
Edit:
I am wondering if the card is too old for the nvidia packages and needs the nvidia-390xx packages.
There should be a warning in dmesg indicating if that is the case.
Last edited by loqs (2020-01-18 18:21:32)
Offline
Thank you for response Sir.
This is the output Sir
https://filebin.net/aspn124osthjy131/dmesg?t=r46v53y0
What is the output of dmesg?
Edit:
I am wondering if the card is too old for the nvidia packages and needs the nvidia-390xx packages.
There should be a warning in dmesg indicating if that is the case.
Last edited by ipgd (2020-01-18 18:27:49)
Offline
[ 34.276628] NVRM: The NVIDIA GeForce 820M GPU installed in this system is NVRM: supported through the NVIDIA 390.xx Legacy drivers.
Offline
Thank you Sir,
It works.
Thank you for response Sir.
This is the output Sir
https://filebin.net/aspn124osthjy131/dmesg?t=r46v53y0loqs wrote:What is the output of dmesg?
Edit:
I am wondering if the card is too old for the nvidia packages and needs the nvidia-390xx packages.
There should be a warning in dmesg indicating if that is the case.
Offline
Yes Sir.
I should install the old version.
[ 34.276628] NVRM: The NVIDIA GeForce 820M GPU installed in this system is NVRM: supported through the NVIDIA 390.xx Legacy drivers.
Offline