You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-18 18:01:51

ipgd
Member
From: Denpasar - Bali
Registered: 2018-01-13
Posts: 32

[SOLVED] Install Propietary Driver for Hybrid Intel/NVidia 820M

Hi There,

I cannot installing NVidia driver.
I've installed NVidia driver with

pacman -S nvidia

but when i try to execute nvidia-settings it says

ERROR: NVIDIA driver is not loaded

This is my configuration.

$lspci | grep -e VGA -e 3D
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 5500 (rev 09)
04:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF117M [GeForce 610M/710M/810M/820M / GT 620M/625M/630M/720M] (rev a1)

I've tried Optimus, and seems go nowhere but feels like making worse.

Last edited by ipgd (2020-01-19 07:55:19)

Offline

#2 2020-01-18 18:08:21

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Install Propietary Driver for Hybrid Intel/NVidia 820M


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2020-01-18 18:16:02

ipgd
Member
From: Denpasar - Bali
Registered: 2018-01-13
Posts: 32

Re: [SOLVED] Install Propietary Driver for Hybrid Intel/NVidia 820M

Hello There,

Yes I Did.
I tried for several days.

jasonwryan wrote:

Offline

#4 2020-01-18 18:18:50

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,089

Re: [SOLVED] Install Propietary Driver for Hybrid Intel/NVidia 820M

What is the output of dmesg?
Edit:
I am wondering if the card is too old for the nvidia packages and needs the nvidia-390xx packages.
There should be a warning in dmesg indicating if that is the case.

Last edited by loqs (2020-01-18 18:21:32)

Offline

#5 2020-01-18 18:26:45

ipgd
Member
From: Denpasar - Bali
Registered: 2018-01-13
Posts: 32

Re: [SOLVED] Install Propietary Driver for Hybrid Intel/NVidia 820M

Thank you for response Sir.

This is the output Sir
https://filebin.net/aspn124osthjy131/dmesg?t=r46v53y0



loqs wrote:

What is the output of dmesg?
Edit:
I am wondering if the card is too old for the nvidia packages and needs the nvidia-390xx packages.
There should be a warning in dmesg indicating if that is the case.

Last edited by ipgd (2020-01-18 18:27:49)

Offline

#6 2020-01-18 18:31:34

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Install Propietary Driver for Hybrid Intel/NVidia 820M

[   34.276628] NVRM: The NVIDIA GeForce 820M GPU installed in this system is
               NVRM:  supported through the NVIDIA 390.xx Legacy drivers. 

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#7 2020-01-19 07:53:37

ipgd
Member
From: Denpasar - Bali
Registered: 2018-01-13
Posts: 32

Re: [SOLVED] Install Propietary Driver for Hybrid Intel/NVidia 820M

Thank you Sir,
It works.

ipgd wrote:

Thank you for response Sir.

This is the output Sir
https://filebin.net/aspn124osthjy131/dmesg?t=r46v53y0



loqs wrote:

What is the output of dmesg?
Edit:
I am wondering if the card is too old for the nvidia packages and needs the nvidia-390xx packages.
There should be a warning in dmesg indicating if that is the case.

Offline

#8 2020-01-19 07:54:57

ipgd
Member
From: Denpasar - Bali
Registered: 2018-01-13
Posts: 32

Re: [SOLVED] Install Propietary Driver for Hybrid Intel/NVidia 820M

Yes Sir.
I should install the old version.

jasonwryan wrote:
[   34.276628] NVRM: The NVIDIA GeForce 820M GPU installed in this system is
               NVRM:  supported through the NVIDIA 390.xx Legacy drivers. 

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB