You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-20 20:38:33

Bodiless Sleeper
Member
Registered: 2020-01-20
Posts: 6

CPU usage high for no apparent reason

OK, so, I've come to an issue on my Arch install I've had for a while now, didn't really notice when it started happening until I wanted to hop in a game of CSGO as fast as possible
The thing is, right after the PC boots my CPU load is 100% so everything takes a while to load but when I open up the System Monitor or run htop the sum of CPU usages is never higher than 10-15%, so I'm unclear of where does the rest of the usage comes from, 'cause it doesn't seem like a bug because of the mentioned load times
Anyone got any ideas or should I just wait a couple of minutes on every boot until it magically fixes itself?

Offline

#2 2020-01-20 22:03:31

Tharbad
Member
Registered: 2016-02-27
Posts: 333

Re: CPU usage high for no apparent reason

How do you know it 100% if htop says otherwise?

Offline

#3 2020-01-21 02:30:13

DeletedUser2111043
Banned
Registered: 2018-03-24
Posts: 2

Re: CPU usage high for no apparent reason

Run

htop

properly after boot to show cpu usage of all tasks in the moment. I don't get what you're trying to say.

Last edited by DeletedUser2111043 (2020-01-21 21:16:07)

Offline

#4 2020-01-21 23:12:32

Bodiless Sleeper
Member
Registered: 2020-01-20
Posts: 6

Re: CPU usage high for no apparent reason

As I said, running htop or System Monitor doesn't give me any clues, they say that the CPU usage is 100%  but the sum of all usages (on listed active programs, shown in both of them) is about 10-15%

Offline

#5 2020-01-21 23:22:30

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,089

Re: CPU usage high for no apparent reason

Bodiless Sleeper wrote:

As I said, running htop or System Monitor doesn't give me any clues, they say that the CPU usage is 100%  but the sum of all usages (on listed active programs, shown in both of them) is about 10-15%

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57855
See the tip box from pastebin to post output directly to a pastebin.

Last edited by loqs (2020-01-21 23:42:40)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB