You are not logged in.
Hi
I have two user accounts on my Arch, on my PC there is an EXT4 partition only used to store personal data.
Files created/saved by user A on this EXT4 partition can not be deleted or edited by user B and vice-versa.
How can I configure my EXT4 partition in such a way that any user can delete anything created or saved on it by either user?
Offline
Offline
I added both user accounts to disk group and the problem persists.
Offline
You shouldn't be adding anyone to the disk group. You need to edit the permissions on the relevant folders.
Offline
I want total permission to all user accounts for any file/folder saved/created by any user account in EXT4 partition.
I kwon that I can change the permission of files/folders after they to be saved/created in such partition.
But I do not want to do it all the time.
I need to set partition to allow total access to all user accounts all the time.
Last edited by Strangiato (2020-01-31 13:37:35)
Offline
It is impossible with ext4 to disable permission checks. You might be able to configure something usable with POSIX ACL (setfacl), but I haven't tried it.
| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' | alias ENGLISH='LANG=C.UTF-8 ' |
Offline
Offline
ACL solved my problem. Thank you all.
Offline
Please mark as [SOLVED] by editing the title in your first post.
Offline
I can't because subject length limit.
Offline
Then put some effort, be creative and shrink it.
Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !
Offline