You are not logged in.

#376 2020-01-06 01:12:16

vap0rtranz

Re: aurutils - helper tools for the aur

Are you using a custom XferCommand in your pacman.conf? curl and the internal downloader both support file:/// urls, but e.g. wget does not.

Ah, yes I'm using wget.  My ISP is a crappy DSL with high TTLs and dropped packets, so I switched to wget after having issues syncing with pacman.

Reverting back to pacman's default XferCommand fixed this.  Ty!

#377 2020-01-15 08:41:56

hakunamatata

I am using aurutils since quite some time now. I have setup two local repositories, one for vcs packages and a "normal" one. Recently, I have noticed that when I run the sync command using the --rebuild flag it tries to install spotify and note (in both repositories):

$ aur sync -d aur -cu --rebuild *

==> Using [aur] repository
  -> note: (none) -> 1.3.22-1
  -> spotify: (none) -> 1:1.1.10.546-2
==> Retrieving package files
From https://aur.archlinux.org/spotify
 = [up to date]      master     -> origin/master
From https://aur.archlinux.org/note
Press any key to continue or ctrl+d to abort
$ aur sync -d aur-vcs -cu --rebuild *

==> Using [aur-vcs] repository
  -> note: (none) -> 1.3.22-1
  -> spotify: (none) -> 1:1.1.10.546-2
==> Retrieving package files
From https://aur.archlinux.org/spotify
From https://aur.archlinux.org/note
Press any key to continue or ctrl+d to abort

I have had spotify installed at some point. But since then I have removed it from the system. Unfortunatelly, I don't remember how exactly I installed it at the time - it might be possible that I have used yay to install it but I don't remember.

If I list all the packages in the repositories, neither spotify nor note does appear:

$ aur repo -d aur --list
$ aur repo -d aur-vcs --list

And if I run pacman to list foreign packages, nothing is listed:

$ pacman -Qm

Any ideas, what might be the problem and how it can be resolved?

Last edited by hakunamatata (2020-01-15 10:11:40)

#378 2020-01-15 15:09:23

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op/TU
Website

Is spotify still in aur.db or aur-vcs.db? That's where aur-sync -u looks for updates.

Also, the * expands to whatever files are in the directory you run aur-sync from (usual shell behavior).

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby
Honest Alad's Package Emporium—Now with added bugs! (Grand reopening: December 1st 2018)

#379 2020-01-15 19:13:52

hakunamatata

Alad wrote:

Is spotify still in aur.db or aur-vcs.db? That's where aur-sync -u looks for updates.

Could not find in these files.

Alad wrote:

Also, the * expands to whatever files are in the directory you run aur-sync from (usual shell behavior).

You're right. In fact I still had a file called 'spotify' in my home dir, where I ran the commands. Instead when I explicitly list the packages it works as expected, thank you very much.

#380 2020-01-20 16:00:33

Angel_LB

Hello,

I have a problem, and I am not sure where I fumbled!  No I don' think arch or aurutils are broken, I'm sure I did something silly..!

Every time I sync a package with "aur sync", I keep getting this error. :
==> ERROR: '/net/Vault/custompkgs/custom.db' does not have a valid database archive extension.

I rebuild my db multiple time, even changed path, looking online for hints on how to make a local repo and I can't figure out what I keep doing wrong.

~> aur repo
/net/Vault/custompkgs/custom.db

Should this command output the .db or .db.tar string ?  Both files exists, btw, along with .files and .files.tar

I've been adding packages manually for months using repo-add after each build, successfully, but I'd like to fix this configuration so I don't have to, like everyone else.

Thanks!

#381 2020-01-20 16:02:52

eschwartz
Trusted User/Bug Wrangler

repo-add requires you to operate on custom.db.tar, aurutils simply uses repo-add.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#382 2020-01-20 20:45:19

Angel_LB

From what I understand, 'aur sync' uses 'repo-add' in the end, but is not passing the correct argument, hence the error message.  I am trying to figure out why. 

When I use 'aur repo', as posted earlier, I get a '..custom.db' output and I was wondering if it was right or if I should be expecting a '..custom.db.tar' instead, which is the full db archive extension I have. 
I figured aur sync must be using its aur repo sibling for such information. 

I am trying to narrow down where my problem is. 
I can't figure out if 'aur repo' is supposed to output a db or an archive db filename, which would point me somewhere in my research.

And thanks for the comment smile.

#383 2020-01-20 22:53:01

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op/TU
Website

aur-build resolves the symbolic link provided by aur-repo.

It was introduced here https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/commi … 76efeb8823 which is questionable, feel free to send a PR to revert the change.

Last edited by Alad (2020-01-20 22:53:16)

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby
Honest Alad's Package Emporium—Now with added bugs! (Grand reopening: December 1st 2018)

#384 2020-02-02 18:08:39

Angel_LB

Hello Alad, and thanks for the reply.

Well, I don't know if this is good or not (sourced by aur-repo), but I would like to conform with what ever is expected.  Redoing my local repo is not an issue -- I'd like to know what I should do!

aur-repo does output a ".db" filename here, how can I make it output the full database archive filename ".db.tar" so aur-build is satisfied?

Thanks!

#385 2020-02-04 10:29:00

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op/TU
Website

readlink -e -- "$(aur repo)"

Last edited by Alad (2020-02-04 10:29:27)

Board footer