You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-17 09:55:53

pol4bear
Member
Registered: 2020-02-15
Posts: 11

Screen crashes on installation

Hi. I'm trying to install Arch Linux on my desktop after laptop installation. Installation on laptop was successful and I really liked it so I'm trying to install it on my desktop too. But on installation screen crashes some how. I think is resolution probelm but I'm not sure and I don't have a idea how to solve this problem. How can I fix this problem? I can't even read what i'm typing.
https://pol4.dev/media/crash_1.jpg
https://pol4.dev/media/crash_2.jpg

Mod Edit - Replaced oversized images with links.
CoC - Pasting pictures and code

Last edited by Slithery (2020-02-17 10:15:24)

Offline

#2 2020-02-17 11:39:03

xerxes_
Member
Registered: 2018-04-29
Posts: 1,073

Re: Screen crashes on installation

What cpu and gpu do you have on that desktop? What is max resolution of your display? How do you have connected that display?

Offline

#3 2020-02-17 12:15:34

pol4bear
Member
Registered: 2020-02-15
Posts: 11

Re: Screen crashes on installation

My desktop's spec is this
CPU:AMD 2700x
GPU:Nvidia 1660ti
Max resolution: 2560x1080
Screen Connection: DP, HDMI(I'm using DP but this problem can caused by DP so I tried HDMI but having same problem)
I thought only terminal screen crashed because resolution but KDE(SDDM) crashes too..

Last edited by pol4bear (2020-02-17 12:17:10)

Offline

#4 2020-02-17 12:32:19

pol4bear
Member
Registered: 2020-02-15
Posts: 11

Re: Screen crashes on installation

It was driver problem. It was first time I install linux to my desktop so I made a mistake. Cheers

Offline

#5 2020-02-17 12:39:33

xerxes_
Member
Registered: 2018-04-29
Posts: 1,073

Re: Screen crashes on installation

So write how do you solved it. Were you using nouveau driver?

Last edited by xerxes_ (2020-02-17 12:39:57)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB