You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Hi. I'm trying to install Arch Linux on my desktop after laptop installation. Installation on laptop was successful and I really liked it so I'm trying to install it on my desktop too. But on installation screen crashes some how. I think is resolution probelm but I'm not sure and I don't have a idea how to solve this problem. How can I fix this problem? I can't even read what i'm typing.
https://pol4.dev/media/crash_1.jpg
https://pol4.dev/media/crash_2.jpg
Mod Edit - Replaced oversized images with links.
CoC - Pasting pictures and code
Last edited by Slithery (2020-02-17 10:15:24)
Offline
What cpu and gpu do you have on that desktop? What is max resolution of your display? How do you have connected that display?
Offline
My desktop's spec is this
CPU:AMD 2700x
GPU:Nvidia 1660ti
Max resolution: 2560x1080
Screen Connection: DP, HDMI(I'm using DP but this problem can caused by DP so I tried HDMI but having same problem)
I thought only terminal screen crashed because resolution but KDE(SDDM) crashes too..
Last edited by pol4bear (2020-02-17 12:17:10)
Offline
It was driver problem. It was first time I install linux to my desktop so I made a mistake. Cheers
Offline
So write how do you solved it. Were you using nouveau driver?
Last edited by xerxes_ (2020-02-17 12:39:57)
Offline
Pages: 1