You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-25 15:55:52

mashrum

[SOLVED] installation on terminal (with no video) tty only

my computer has no video, and no way to install (embedded, only GPIO, USB, Ethernet, TTY, intel atom 2 core / 2Gb, SD)
i'm connected on tty 115200 smile
I have bootable archlinux usb, and it works in "normal" condition

but with no VGA...

how to skip graphic mode, boot and continue to install?

My result

Insyde Console Redirection Option ROM.  Ver: 1.31                               

Console Redirection   Index  Device   Port  IRQ  BaudRate    Status            
                       ----------------------------------------------           
                         1     ISA      3F8   4    115200       OK              

Use the <ESC><Ctrl><M> key sequence for <Ctrl><M>                         
      Use the <ESC><Ctrl><H> key sequence for <Ctrl><H>                         
      Use the <ESC><Ctrl><I> key sequence for <Ctrl><I>                         
      Use the <ESC><Ctrl><J> key sequence for <Ctrl><J>                         

Use the <ESC><R><ESC><r><ESC><R> key sequence for <Ctrl><Alt><Del>        
      Use the <ESC><R> or <ESC><r> to refresh screen
ISOLINUX 6.04 6.04-pre2-11-gbf6db5b4* EHDD Copyright (C) 1994-2015 H. Peter Anvi
n et al                                                                         
                                                            `?8~p~p8

enter / tab / 1 / any other input - no result
how to?

Last edited by mashrum (2020-03-01 14:17:10)

#2 2020-02-25 18:19:31

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: [SOLVED] installation on terminal (with no video) tty only

#3 2020-02-25 18:31:56

Slithery
Administrator

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/In … x_from_SSH
Read the section 'Installation on a headless server'.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#4 2020-03-01 13:05:01

mashrum

Thanks to all

I have boot linux with
options root=/dev/sda2 rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0

It helps me to get all console messages to the ttyS0 (COM1)
Have connect my laptop with usb-2-serial with COM1
have check the name of converter/port with
$ ls -ltr /dev/*usb* (my case it was /dev/tty.usbserial-FTBT5VV7)

than i have use terminal on my laptop
$ screen screen /dev/tty.usbserial-FTBT5VV7 115200

Board footer