You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-17 05:52:35

sud_crow
Website

Kernel 2.6.4 and WvDial (error on connection)

Im having problems with 2.6.x and wvdial, i have them since the first official arch 2.6 pkg release, and even with my last custom 2.6.4 kernel. Or at least thats what i think.

The thing is this, when im ussing kernel 2.4.3 (custom) with wvdial 1.53 (official arch 0.5 pkg) and wvstreams 3.70 (also arch 0.5 official) everything works just fine.

If i update wvdial and wvstreams to 1.54 and 3.74 respectively, i get some errors and cant connect (dont remember exactly, but i think the ones with the 2.6 are more important as they are the ones i want to fix).

So i thought it was related to the kernel build, then i compiled a custom (several actually) 2.6 kernel, now im getting this message:

Trying /dev/ttyS0 : Input/output error

I dont have the exact message with me right now, but i will copy and paste as soon as i can (im connected and cant install over wvdial to try).

Any ideas on whats going on?
I checked the kernel several times and i dont think im missing any ppp option. i could upload my kernel config to my server if someone thinks that can help.

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

#2 2004-03-18 04:30:15

sud_crow
Website

Re: Kernel 2.6.4 and WvDial (error on connection)

I just found out that when i start the system with the 2.6.x, i cant find the modem... i dont know why is this.

When i run wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf-auto it throws that there was no modem found and if i have setserial properly configurated.

I installed setserial a few minutes ago... anyone knows if this can help at all? it wasnt needed with 2.4.x

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

Board footer