You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-04 14:31:59

Roken

xfreerdp - synergy and maybe just network

It isn't the end of the world if no-one knows the answer to this, but here goes.

Like many, I am working remotely at the moment. I use xfreerdp on my laptop to login in to my work PC (Windows 10, and slow as molasses).

My laptop is stuck behind a shelf with WoL enabled, and using synergy to share my KB/Mouse from my main machine. This works.

The laptop is connected to an external monitor, so that I can see what I'm doing. Also no problem.

However, from time to time, especially during full screen refresh on the remote machine (minimising/maximising applications, for example) I lose focus, then synergy doesn't respond to the laptop any more, and then the RDP disconnects. If I wait a minute, synergy finds the laptop again, and I can reconnect where I left off, so like I say, not a critical issue.

And for those who check, yes, this is the same laptop with the ssh issue, though I don't think that the two are related. When I'm not connected to the work machine, there are no issues.

Is this just normal behaviour, or is there something I should be doing.

For info, xfreerdp shares sound, local printer, and I have a local drive available to the remote desktop (makes work productivity easier), synergy is fine when I'm not "at work", and there are no local or remote computer crashes. It just seems to be a momentary disconnection issue, though I don't see why a RDP disconnect would affect synergy, or vice versa.

Last edited by Roken (2020-05-04 14:32:28)

Ryzen 5900X 12 core/24 thread - RTX 3090 FE 24 Gb, Asus Prime B450 Plus, 32Gb Corsair DDR4, Cooler Master N300 chassis, 5 HD (1 NvME PCI, 4SSD) + 1 x optical.
Linux user #545703

#2 2020-05-04 16:34:22

progandy

Re: xfreerdp - synergy and maybe just network

It just seems to be a momentary disconnection issue, though I don't see why a RDP disconnect would affect synergy, or vice versa.

That sounds more like your network connection is somehow interrupted, but I can't explain why that would happen.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

Board footer