You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-04 03:29:04

neeshu

st text spaced out

I've just installed st the text is spaced out, making it pretty hard to read. I've messed with the font, font size and borderpx and it's still super spaced out ( I did recompile it ).
I looked through config.h and didn't see anything that would obviously change it ( I don't know C).
So whatever the solution is, let me know. Thanks

#2 2020-06-04 03:48:11

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: st text spaced out

neeshu wrote:

I've messed with the font, font size and borderpx and it's still super spaced out ( I did recompile it ).

GIven none of us are omniscient, sharing the config, and a list of installed fonts, would probably be the sort of thing you include in your first post. Currently, it is effectively empty...
See How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2020-06-04 04:02:16

neeshu

You really want me to share the entire config and all my fonts installed? I said that I just installed it, so I haven't changed anything with the config.def.h except for what I mentioned. Didn't want to have a post just filled with the default stuff. I just was asking people familiar with st to help me. I know the linux community is filled with elitists like you, but tone it down a little smile

Last edited by neeshu (2020-06-04 04:04:40)

#4 2020-06-04 04:33:31

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

If you are asking for help here, then you are asking the community for a favour. In return, we ask that you provide more than hand wavy "it doesn't work" statements, which you would have known if you had bothered to read the link I posted.

The text is spaced out because you have configured it wrong. Or you haven't installed a suitable font.

Please remember to mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#5 2020-06-04 05:39:04

seth

neeshu wrote:

I've messed with the font, font size and borderpx and it's still super spaced out ( I did recompile it ).

neeshu wrote:

I said that I just installed it, so I haven't changed anything with the config.def.h except for what I mentioned.

"I can't be the father. I didn't fuck your daughter except for the times that I've mentioned."
See how stupid that is?

neeshu wrote:

I know the linux community is filled with elitists like you, but tone it down a little

It's actually *your* attitude:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57855
Also "elite" is a matter of perspective. If you're just dumb enough, you'll easily put anyone who knows that drinking bleach is bad into that category… so throw around the term with care.

On topic:
"Fonts are super spaced out" is no useful error description and I mean: "at all".
Though the typical cause for this to happen in any terminal is that you're not using a monospace font.
The default font for st is (interestingly) "Liberation Mono" and if you don't have that font (or any of your "messed" attempts) it's probably resolved to some variable width font. "man fc-match".

IOW:

Jason wrote:

The text is spaced out because you have configured it wrong. Or you haven't installed a suitable font.

Please remember to mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.

#6 2020-06-04 08:23:48

neeshu

Last edited by neeshu (2020-06-04 08:26:12)

#7 2020-06-04 12:44:54

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

neeshu, please do not blank posts.

(edit) It has been brought to my attention that you did not blank this post in anger; we would still rather you not blank posts at all.

Reopening and moving back to Newbie Corner -- please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] (edit the title of your first post).

This topic is now useless except as an example of how not to post. I am closing it and moving it to the dustbin.

If you change your mind and decide to ask for help and can follow our guidelines, please open a new topic. Be prepared to provide the information you are asked for.

Last edited by 2ManyDogs (2020-06-04 14:45:19)

Board footer