You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-16 16:12:16

snap.ve

[SOLVED] Gufw doesn't create the desktop file

Hello there! Like i said in topic, when i install gufw, i can't found gufw.desktop in /usr/share/applications lib. That's not critical, and i can create it self, but - why?

Last edited by snap.ve (2020-06-17 18:34:58)

#2 2020-06-16 16:32:40

twelveeighty

Re: [SOLVED] Gufw doesn't create the desktop file

This could be a packaging bug - there is a gufw.desktop.in file in the upstream archive and the PKGBUILD mentions this:

# required so desktop, icon and translation files get installed
  export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR="/tmp/${pkgname}"

I'm sure the packager will appreciate it if you can use the ABS to patch it yourself and submit the patch with the bug report.

#3 2020-06-16 16:41:54

snap.ve

twelveeighty wrote:

This could be a packaging bug - there is a gufw.desktop.in file in the upstream archive and the PKGBUILD mentions this:

# required so desktop, icon and translation files get installed
  export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR="/tmp/${pkgname}"

I'm sure the packager will appreciate it if you can use the ABS to patch it yourself and submit the patch with the bug report.

That's not my level, I will be very grateful if there is someone who could do this

#4 2020-06-16 17:21:50

eschwartz
Trusted User/Bug Wrangler

The PKGBUILD was recently changed to use --skip-build in the package() step, but this is problematic since the setup.py registers the desktop file for installation during the build stage (in addition to actually building it) and --skip-build in addition to skipping the build, also skips registering the data file.

I've pinged the package maintainer to fix this.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#5 2020-06-17 18:31:38

snap.ve

eschwartz wrote:

The PKGBUILD was recently changed to use --skip-build in the package() step, but this is problematic since the setup.py registers the desktop file for installation during the build stage (in addition to actually building it) and --skip-build in addition to skipping the build, also skips registering the data file.

I've pinged the package maintainer to fix this.

Ty, i'll make post like a solved

Board footer