You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-16 16:12:16

snap.ve

[SOLVED] Gufw doesn't create the desktop file

Hello there! Like i said in topic, when i install gufw, i can't found gufw.desktop in /usr/share/applications lib. That's not critical, and i can create it self, but - why?

Last edited by snap.ve (2020-09-27 19:08:48)

#2 2020-06-16 16:32:40

twelveeighty

Re: [SOLVED] Gufw doesn't create the desktop file

This could be a packaging bug - there is a gufw.desktop.in file in the upstream archive and the PKGBUILD mentions this:

# required so desktop, icon and translation files get installed
  export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR="/tmp/${pkgname}"

I'm sure the packager will appreciate it if you can use the ABS to patch it yourself and submit the patch with the bug report.

#3 2020-06-16 16:41:54

snap.ve

twelveeighty wrote:

This could be a packaging bug - there is a gufw.desktop.in file in the upstream archive and the PKGBUILD mentions this:

# required so desktop, icon and translation files get installed
  export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR="/tmp/${pkgname}"

I'm sure the packager will appreciate it if you can use the ABS to patch it yourself and submit the patch with the bug report.

That's not my level, I will be very grateful if there is someone who could do this

#4 2020-06-16 17:21:50

eschwartz
Fellow

The PKGBUILD was recently changed to use --skip-build in the package() step, but this is problematic since the setup.py registers the desktop file for installation during the build stage (in addition to actually building it) and --skip-build in addition to skipping the build, also skips registering the data file.

I've pinged the package maintainer to fix this.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#5 2020-06-17 18:31:38

snap.ve

eschwartz wrote:

The PKGBUILD was recently changed to use --skip-build in the package() step, but this is problematic since the setup.py registers the desktop file for installation during the build stage (in addition to actually building it) and --skip-build in addition to skipping the build, also skips registering the data file.

Ty, i'll make post like a solved

#6 2020-09-11 14:41:13

snap.ve

eschwartz wrote:

At the request of an official appeal here, on my own I want to add that the bug described in this post has not been fixed yet

Last edited by snap.ve (2020-09-11 14:41:49)

#7 2020-09-11 16:48:23

d_fajardo

I didn't realise this was a bug. I thought it was meant to be called from the terminal.
Anyway I manually wrote a .desktop file and put it in ~./local/share/applications. As I remember, the icon was missing as well so downloaded one from the net.

#8 2020-09-11 21:50:42

twelveeighty

Please read that link you posted carefully - the Bug Wrangling won't use these forums, instead please update the bug itself and/or join the IRC channel on the 13th - https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/66468

#9 2020-09-13 04:17:35

eschwartz
Fellow

snap.ve wrote:
eschwartz wrote:

At the request of an official appeal here, on my own I want to add that the bug described in this post has not been fixed yet

As the maintainer did not respond to my ping, I guess it was overlooked and slipped under the radar. I've taken the liberty of updating it myself, and correspondingly closed these bugs:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/66468
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/67191

To acquire the fix or verify that you have it already:

pacman -Syu 'gufw>=20.04.1-2'

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#10 2020-09-27 19:08:18

snap.ve

Now fixed, thanks all for colloborate!

Board footer