You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-14 11:03:02

gunnarniels

nmcli wifi connection error: Secrets were required, but not provided.

SSIA, I have NetworkManager installed and am trying to connect to my wifi network with 'nmcli d wifi connect "SSID" --ask', and providing the password and getting the response.

Based on the journalctl output for NetworkManager, it suggests I need some kind of keyring agent to store the password, so I installed gnome-keyring, libsecret, and I saw some suggestion that nm-applet could act as an agent as well, but I've had no difference in behavior. This is while at the multi-user.target level.

My understanding is that if I boot to graphical.target and log into gnome via gdm, this should unlock the gnome-keyring and make it available for use, but I'm still seeing the following error while trying to connect to the wifi while logged into gnome via GDM:

"no secrets: User canceled the secrets request"

But all I've tried to do is re-authenticate with the gnome "Authentication Required" prompt.

Any tips or could someone point me in the right direction here? There are plenty of existing threads out there but none seem to yield anything fruitful for me. What are just some basic checks I can run?

Board footer