You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-17 06:41:55

EnthusioArcher

Unbound fails to start

Hello. I am trying to configure Unbound with dnscrypt-proxy as local DNS cache in my newly installed Arch Linux system. I am following the wiki. I have NetworkManager, dnscrypt-proxy and unbound installed. NetworkManager and dnscrypt-proxy are configured correctly and starts without an issue. But, unbound failed to start. When I attempt to start it with

systemctl start unbound.service

It says,

Job for unbound.service failed because the control process exited with error code.

When I attempt to run,

systemctl status unbound.service

I find two error messages,

archlinux.unbound[374]: [374:0] error: cannot parse forward . ip address: '0.0.1'
archlinux.unbound[374]: [374:0] error: Could not set forward zones

#2 2021-01-17 10:45:38

mcloaked

Re: Unbound fails to start

It is likely you have a misconfigured config file.  Nobody could give you an answer without seeing your config files.  Did you check your config files with the unbound-checkconf command?

Mike C

#3 2021-01-18 08:50:00

EnthusioArcher

Re: Unbound fails to start

mcloaked wrote:

It is likely you have a misconfigured config file.  Nobody could give you an answer without seeing your config files.  Did you check your config files with the unbound-checkconf command?

I have repaired the config file and now it's working. But, often when I restart or relogin, there is an error in name resolution. Then I have to restart both dnscrypt-proxy and Unbound service in order. And then the issue gets resolved. Why this happens?

Board footer