You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-01 04:33:45

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Thunar/GTK app menu issue with Sway

Since thunar is a gtk app, I thought it would work with wayland and for the most part it does. However, if I click on any of the menus, it just freezes and is unresponsive until it dies. I do have dual monitors and I read somewhere that having dual monitors does cause menu issues with gtk apps. However, for the life of me, I can no longer find that link. I have had this happen once with LibreOffice as well, so I am not sure if this is a thunar only issue or an issue with all gtk apps

In any case, can anyone suggest a fix or a decent lightweight replacement for thunar. I don't want to be downloading the whole of gnome  or cinnamon just for a file manager. I use CLI for most file operations, but I'd like to have a file manager as a backup for some operations where it's helpful to visualize. for eg. drag and drop

Last edited by Inxsible (2021-12-01 04:40:19)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#2 2022-01-12 05:27:48

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Thunar/GTK app menu issue with Sway

I ended up switching over to Nemo which did not exhibit this issue.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer