You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-21 06:38:51

_rand0m

Connection issues behind DS-Lite - everything works with Windows

Hi fellow archies,

I would really appreciate some help trouble shooting my internet connection:
My ISP runs a dual stack (DS-Lite) setup. Browsing generally works but I experience connection issues to certain services.
Some examples:

• When using Slack I can chat without any problems but I am unable to make calls or upload files

• I can play Dota but some of the dashboards that get their information from the internet do not load

• I have a Heroku hosted application which I can't access because the Heroku-dashboard does not load

What confuses me is that none of those issues happen when I use Windows 7 (dual-boot on the same machine).

What I have done so far:

• I've hit the search engines but all discussions I could find revolved around connecting to a machine that is behind a dual stack via IPv4.

• I could confirm that Slack and Heroku are using only IPv4 without providing a IPv6 address

• Using a SOCKS-Proxy I was able to use Heroku and Slack properly

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

#2 2022-07-20 09:06:30

Naishin

Re: Connection issues behind DS-Lite - everything works with Windows

I have experienced the same problem. Did you find a solution?

#3 2022-07-20 13:57:02

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Connection issues behind DS-Lite - everything works with Windows

Naishin: Welcome to the forums.  The original poster has only a single post and has not been on the forums for six years.  I am going to go ahead and close this thread and invite you to start a new thread that you will own.  I also note that IPv6 has come a *long* way in six years.  If this is a dual stack problem, I would be surprised.

In your new post, please verify whether Windows machines work on the same subnet, and the software with which you are having problems.  The output of ip addr and ip route might me useful as well.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer