You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-09 10:27:41

Zzz_243

Wi-fi asks for password everytime

Since the last update, now wi-fi asks for password everytime. I tried adding the password in the network configuration but the password form is blank everytime I open it, like it isn't saved. Any suggestion?

#2 2022-07-10 20:48:02

ayekat

Re: Wi-fi asks for password everytime

What do you mean with "the network configuration"? How are you managing your network right now?
If you are using NetworkManager, have you checked https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Networ … leshooting?

What is "everytime"? Once after booting, or periodically (e.g. every few minutes)?

pkgshackscfgblag

#3 2022-08-02 11:54:47

Zzz_243

ayekat wrote:

What do you mean with "the network configuration"? How are you managing your network right now?
If you are using NetworkManager, have you checked https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Networ … leshooting?

What is "everytime"? Once after booting, or periodically (e.g. every few minutes)?

Everytime at boot. Also, if I disconnect the wifi and try to connect again, I need to input the password again. I must also add that I get an error when I log in (impossible to access tags://) which I wasn't getting before.

#4 2022-08-02 14:34:30

ewaller
Administrator

Are you using NetworkManager?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#5 2022-08-09 15:13:31

Zzz_243

ewaller wrote:

Are you using NetworkManager?

Yes. Although, I think the problem is with KDE wallet, which apparently has stopped working after an update.

#6 2022-08-09 15:30:15

ewaller
Administrator

As you assert this is a kwallet issue, I assume these are user specific passwords and are not system wide (meaning you will have no network connection until you log in) and that you are using plasma as your desktop environment.
How do you start plasma ?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer