You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-04 23:12:08

Jan Suran

Dedicated GPU turns off WLAN service

Hi,

about a month ago I started having issues with my Wi-Fi. It has been randomly turning off and I found out it only happens after I switch to my dedicated graphics card via

$ optimus-manager --switch nvidia

The situation is always the same, after up to 2 minutes my laptop starts lagging for about 10 seconds (e.g. moving cursor renders at about 2 fps) and right after that my Wi-Fi refuses to work - it disconnects me and refuses to connect again, after suspending the PC the logo on the panel entirely disappears.
The only fix to this problem is turning the laptop of and on after a few minutes or suspending it and waking it up, yet it is only a temporary solution to this problem.
I have no idea, whether the problem is in the drivers, in the hardware, or somewhere else. Unfortunately, I tried looking for help via Google and updated the system, nothing worked.

I'm quite a newbie to Linux overall and I don't know which information about the hardware could be useful, I'll provide more if needed.

Hardware & software specs:
ASUS TUF Gaming FX504GD-FX80GD 1.0
Desktop Environment: Gnome
Kernel version: 5.18.6-arch1-1
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 Mobile

#2 2022-09-04 23:15:36

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

Re: Dedicated GPU turns off WLAN service

How is this different from your other topic (which appears abandoned) other than providing a little more information?

#3 2022-09-04 23:26:19

Jan Suran

Yeah, it's the same problem with more information. Is it wrong to post it again?

#4 2022-09-04 23:29:06

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

Yes. You could have just added the information to the old topic. Now we have this new topic and an old abandoned topic for the same issue.

Posting the same topic again is considered cross-posting, and is against the rules.

I closed the old topic (but you might want to look at it again and provide some of the information requested). Please do not cross-post again.

Last edited by 2ManyDogs (2022-09-04 23:32:39)

Board footer