You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-30 05:48:53

busbarn

Starting Netowrk....FAILED

I finally got arch installed and have a 2.6.5 kernel running (I'm impressed with the fast start up--wow!). I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my network running. I try

#/etc/rc.d/network start                   [failed]

I am using a pcmcia card and have enabled all the necessaries in the kernel. Yes, I enabled them because I don't like dealing with modules.

Looking around in the addons directory on the install cd, there are some pcmcia utilities that i don't think have been installed. But these aren't pacman packages. SO here are my questions:

1. Do I need to install pcmcia packages/utilities to get it to load?
2. If so, how do I do that?

Thanks for the help.

#2 2004-03-30 15:52:24

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Starting Netowrk....FAILED

You want the pcmcia-cs package.  That gives you cardmgr and stuff.  Then you need to start pcmcia way before network in your rc.conf.  pcmcia takes a little bit of time above and beyond it's DONE time to set up the network card as an actual device.

That's all.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#3 2004-03-30 16:29:55

busbarn

Re: Starting Netowrk....FAILED

That sounds right--thanks. I couldn't find the package on the .6 cd--if it's there, where is it? So i guess I'll just download the package, save it to disk, and install it that way. I'll post at the next phase!

Board footer