You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-09 08:48:38

stonebrakermatt

[Solved] Wifi Card Not Found After Dual Booting Windows

Hello,

I have been using Arch for some time, but I recently started dual booting Windows to use specific applications that I couldn't get to work in Arch. I am probably an intermediate level user, and I am by no means an expert.

After I installed Windows, I booted back into Arch naturally because that's where I do most of my work. However, strangely enough, my wifi card is not recognized anymore. I tried booting a few times to make sure it wasn't a one-off type of thing. Every time I boot, I can't find my wifi card with ip link.

I can see it in lspci. It's an Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (rev 1a), if that helps.

Here's the issue: I don't have access to an Ethernet connection where my computer is set up. So if I need to install anything, I'm kind of out of luck. Is there any way to fix this without installing anything new? I have been using Arch for a while, so it makes no sense that the driver would simply disappear because I installed Windows.

I tried booting from an Arch ISO so that I could connect to the internet and install whatever I needed, but even on there the wifi card wasn't showing up in ip link.

I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to resolve this issue.

Last edited by stonebrakermatt (2023-01-13 16:19:11)

#2 2023-01-09 14:20:09

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [Solved] Wifi Card Not Found After Dual Booting Windows

This is expected because Windows leaves the HW in an undefined state when "shutting down", because it will by default hibernate instead of actually shutting down.

Disable fast boot in Windows and reboot twice for vodoo reasons : https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Dual_b … ibernation

Board footer