You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-02 20:27:16

timm

Persistent connection problem [solved]

I updated my system this morning, and now my owl intranet database cannot connect.  OWL connects over http and uses mysql and php; it was working fine before this morning's system update.

Now I'm getting an error:

Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect in [PATH]/db_mysql.inc on line 74

php.ini has persistent connections on
the mysql.so extension is uncommented

Any idea what is causing this?

#2 2006-11-02 22:05:41

timm

Re: Persistent connection problem [solved]

This was odd.  The libmysql package was installed, but somehow installed incorrectly as I was getting a libsqlclient error when I tried to run mysql from the command line.  I reinstalled the package and everything works.

#3 2006-11-13 20:11:50

Target
Website

I can confirm this, it started when I ran pacman -Syu this afternoon though I cannot fix it the same way that you did. I had to revert back to php-5.1.6-4 to get it to work with my database, otherwise I would get the mysql_connect() is an undefined function error (tried reinstalling the lib like you said, didnt work). I would like to have this fixed cause I've heard that php-5.1.6-4 has a security problem. If you need any more information please say so.

#4 2006-11-13 21:14:37

timm

What happened when you tried to run mysql from the command line?
Did you get the same errors I did?

#5 2006-11-13 21:24:04

Target
Website

I just ran pacman -Syu again to answer your question. I also restarted mysql and apache just to be sure I was using the latest version of everything.

mysql -u root -p prompts me for a password and then drops me to a nice mysql> shell like it should. I can also do a USE <dbname>; and "show tables" etc just fine. So it apears this is a different problem from the one reported by the topic starter...

Board footer