You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-04 13:53:05

Bernie

Help setting up a apache/mysql/ftp server

hi guys,

I'm going to set up a server under Arch with apache, mysql and ftp. And preverably an SMTP server too. I'm going to use the server to host a website for my red cross department.

Te problem is that I'm a bit of a newbie to arch (and linux in general). Is there anywhe that I could get a walktrhough for this? Or is there anyone who could "talk me through it"?

yours,

Bernhard

Life is what you make of it.....

#2 2007-01-04 13:58:14

dolby

Re: Help setting up a apache/mysql/ftp server

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#3 2007-01-04 14:04:02

FUBAR
Website

The Wiki is a good place to start:
"LAMP" (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
mail server guides

If you can't find it on this forum, check Gentoo's forum: they have many well documented guides on any topic. They also have an extended Wiki. Then there's HowToForge and Librenix and of course good old Google.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#4 2007-01-07 11:03:27

Bernie

okay. I've got apache and mysql running (and phpMyAdmin). Now I need to set up a ftp server. People who do not have a local account need to get access to the ftp server too. All files that are uploaded should be saved in /home/httpd/html (and then in the folder of the user, witch is represented my his/her username example: /home/httpd/html/user1 is the ftpdirectory of user1).

I've read many wiki's and documentations about installing en configuring ftp servers but I just can't get it working. Is there anyone who can walk me trough this, from the point of install on?

yours,

Bernhard

Life is what you make of it.....

Board footer