You are not logged in.
Hello,
I'm having an intermittent Wi-Fi problem with the internal Qualcomm Atheros
QCA9565 / AR9565 wireless adapter on my Arch Linux laptop.
The card normally works, but sometimes the Wi-Fi suddenly disconnects and I
cannot reconnect to the access point. A reboot restores it temporarily.
The interface is:
wlp2s0
It was previously named `wlan0`, and the kernel now renames it to `wlp2s0`:
ath9k 0000:02:00.0 wlp2s0: renamed from wlan0
Hardware:
02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
Kernel driver in use: ath9k
Kernel modules: ath9k
When the problem happens, I get these kernel messages:
Sep 28 10:39:30 archlinux kernel: ath: phy0: Unable to reset channel, reset status -22
Sep 28 10:39:30 archlinux kernel: ath: phy0: RX failed to go idle in 10 ms RXSM=0xffffffff
Sep 28 10:39:30 archlinux kernel: ath: phy0: DMA failed to stop in 10 ms AR_CR=0xffffffff AR_DIAG_SW=0xffffffff DMADBG_7=0xffffffff
Sep 28 10:39:31 archlinux kernel: ath: phy0: Failed to wakeup in 500us
I also see authentication failures when trying to reconnect:
wlp2s0: send auth to <AP-MAC> (try 1/3)
wlp2s0: authentication with <AP-MAC> timed out
The problem is not limited to the network connection. When this happens,
the whole system can become very laggy and keyboard input may be delayed /
repeated. For example, typing `sudo` can appear as:
sudddooooo
I'm currently running X11 with i3, not Hyprland, so the problem also occurs
outside my Hyprland setup.
As a workaround, I have a USB Wi-Fi adapter using the MediaTek MT7601U
driver. That adapter works and appears as:
wlp0s20u1
while the internal Qualcomm card remains:
wlp2s0
The USB adapter can connect to the same access point successfully.
I would like to know what could be causing the ath9k card to enter this
state, and whether there are any recommended kernel/ath9k parameters or
other troubleshooting steps for the QCA9565/AR9565.
Relevant information:
uname -a
lspci -nnk | grep -A4 -Ei 'network|wireless'
rfkill list
nmcli device status
iw dev
journalctl -k -b --no-pager | grep -Ei 'ath9k|ath:|wlp2s0'
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Offline
It was previously named `wlan0`, and the kernel now renames it to `wlp2s0`:
No, doesn't.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Networ … face_names
I also see authentication failures when trying to reconnect:
Please don't paraphrase, https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57855
Also please use [code][/code] tags.
Relevant information:
You didn't post any of that…
The problem is not limited to the network connection. When this happens, the whole system can become very laggy and keyboard input may be delayed / repeated.
Please post your complete system journal for the boot after this happens
sudo journalctl -b | nc termbin.com 9999You can also access older boots (… -b -δ…, bigger δ means older boot) if it's hard to reproduce.
Offline