You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-08 16:50:18

egad

sugestions wanted for my own personel project

For a long time now I have been writing html by hand for my own web page. It started basicly as just a place to cut my teeth on web technologies like css, and what not.I'm in the process of completely redoing it-adding a little journal section to keep up with friends-I had intially thought wordpress would fit the bill perfectly for that part.
One  small snag I hit is that it seems to not quite do "pages" -in the way I'd like it to anyway.
I love that it  does dynamic updates in 'posts'  and their's whole lot of themese  made by the comunity wich is awsome.
I'm looking for some way so that I add a few small touches though-like  a way to elegantly add scroll able menus and what not, and wiki-esk how to's etc.

I don't know what worpress calls that kind of stuff
wich lead me to ask: is this the right tool after all?

So I thought I'd ask you all-since worpress might not be the right tool after all- what else is like it people have used that's fun and easy to use big_smile

All I ask is that what ever it is be linux friendly and have a sense of humour, and be at least somewhat straitforward to learn.

Thanks for the help smile

#2 2007-03-08 17:41:15

noriko
Website

Re: sugestions wanted for my own personel project

well i don't personally use any, so i can't say what modules they have or how easy tehy are t sue, etc.. but what you are lookign for is a blog-app or soem other sort of cms..
i'd recommend you jsut try out a bunch to find one that fits you well..

there is also ..

http://joomla.org

also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co … nt_systems

The.Revolution.Is.Coming - - To fight, To hunger, To Resist!

#3 2007-03-08 19:36:00

Stalwart
Website

I write my own content management system now

IRC: Stalwart @ FreeNode
Skype ID: thestalwart
WeeChat-devel nightly packages for i686

#4 2007-03-11 05:10:37

egad

big_smile
Yup just what the doctor called for-
I played a little with joomla I have to admit it's very slick indeed- both projects are prity nice.
I also tried out one  called E107.

I' ended up prefering E107 a  little over Joomla- I don't know why. Joomla's a bit smoother-but for some reason something about  e106 and I'm not sure what  clicks with me a little more. I like that it has some of the things that Joomla evidently needs a module to do built in. All in all just what the Doc called for.

thanks help- it was basicly what I was looking for-and I didn't even know it.  How cool is that?

big_smile

Board footer