You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-18 18:23:27

Emphrygian

[solved] Problem with Amarok and flac-files

When I installed Arch for the first time a couple of months ago, I was happy to find that some flac-files that didn't play in Amarok on my Debian installation was now played back perfectly. However, upon trying to play these files today, Amarok refuses to play them. I get an error stating that there is no suitable demux plugin for the files. Other flacs play back fine though, and the problem files play back perfectly in mplayer.

Another thing I would be very happy to resolve is that I have a few files that use japanese in their tags. IIRC these displayed correctly in Amarok on my Debian install, but in Arch all I see is squares where there should be japanese, despite me installing both arphic-ukai and arphic-uming packages. What am I missing?

All help appreciated!

Last edited by Emphrygian (2007-04-20 22:36:45)

#2 2007-04-19 22:02:14

venox
Website

Re: [solved] Problem with Amarok and flac-files

Maybe you have ID3 tags on those FLAC files. libflac doesn't support ID3 tags anymore (they now use some kind of OGG tags, not sure). Just remove them using `id3v2 --delete-all file.mp3`

Remember that you'll have to install the package id3v2.

I'm telling you this because I had some issues while trying to play some FLAC files with audacious and removing the ID3 tags worked just fine for me.

Hope it helps you somehow.

#3 2007-04-20 22:34:35

Emphrygian

Re: [solved] Problem with Amarok and flac-files

Your tip worked like a charm and the files now play perfectly in Amarok once again.

I solved my second problem by installing the ttf-sazanami package from AUR and adding both sazanami gothic and sazanami mincho as substitute fonts for Sans Serif (my default font) in qtconfig (not sure that I really needed both though, but hey, it works now smile ).

Last edited by Emphrygian (2007-04-20 22:35:37)

Board footer