You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-18 01:30:36

reader

Kismet and pcmcia orinoco gold problem

HI I am using last arch  0.8 .Laptop is toshiba a 100.I just tried last 20 hours install pcmcia orinoco gold card but after spending about 8 hours reading a manuals and a lots web pages I still can not run kismet.When I wrote kismet system show me this error:
root@******* etc]# kismet
Server options:  none
Client options:  none
Starting server...
Waiting for server to start before starting UI...
Will drop privs to ***** (1000) gid 100
No specific sources given to be enabled, all will be enabled.
Enabling channel hopping.
Enabling channel splitting.
Source 0 (orinocosource): Enabling monitor mode for orinoco source interface ath0 channel 6...
FATAL: Could not find 'monitor' private ioctl or use the newer style 'mode monitor' command.  This typically means that the drivers have not been patched or the correct drivers are being loaded. See the troubleshooting section of the README for more information.
[root@****** etc]#

I really don know what I have to do because the latest kernel which I am using now (kernel 2.6.21) don`t need patch.Ca somebody help mi with that.
I still have no idea whats wrong.
thanks wink

#2 2007-05-23 14:35:33

broch
Banned

Re: Kismet and pcmcia orinoco gold problem

you need to enable monitor option for your card. Either recompile card driver with monitor option enabled or check if kernel has monitor option for your card, enable it and recompile kernel. Monitor setting is not enabled by default for any wireless card.

Board footer