You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-29 02:47:11

mrjwalsh

VMWare access to samba shares local only

Hi all,
I got VMWare installed and I like it very much, however I'm having a hard time setting it up how I want, can someone please tell me if the below is possible, thanks.

Arch Linux - Host OS
This machine is networked and on a domain, I'm doing everything here, except...

Windows XP - Guest OS
...There are some apps I need here, now the thing is I don't want to let this OS connect to the network or the domain, I want it to just be a dumb install that runs applications.

Is there a way to still access files from my host OS to my guest OS via Samba without setting up a the network, I was thinking maybe allow host 127.0.0.1 in samba but I don't think that works. Any alternatives to Samba if not?

#2 2007-05-29 04:34:17

mrjwalsh

Re: VMWare access to samba shares local only

Ok an update on my situation, I reinstalled the Guest OS (Win XP) with host only network enabled, I was given an unused subnet to put the Guest OS on, however the guest OS cant access my host OS's true IP address because it's behind firewalls and restricted on a domain. So not sure where to go from here...

#3 2007-06-08 12:14:32

peque

Re: VMWare access to samba shares local only

I have on host (KUBUNTU only - can get my vmware server up and running with Arch)  used NAT with the network and that way around been able to use a sambashared drive - So I guess I'll do that again when I get my Server up and running in Arch

Just getting better .... All the time

Board footer