You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-08 18:27:02

chell

Problems with DAAP sharing

Hello guys,

I've got a bit of problem that's driving me nuts ;-). On my Macbook, I've got iTunes running. I've set it up so that it shares my music over the network (iTunes uses DAAP).

The network setup is fine, a firewall is running on neither of my PCs.

On my Archbox, I installed python-daap (from the AUR) and added the avahi-daemon to my rc.conf. Then I rebooted my computer. In Rhythmbox (or any other player that supports DAAP), I can see the share but I can't access it (it shows me the share's name, when I click on it it says that it can't connect to it).

What's really weird is, is that when I set iTunes up to ask for password when someone connects to the share, and I try to access the share from the Arch box, it prompts me for the password on the arch box. That means it must be able to exchange some data with the server.

I can access my macbook iTunes library from my MacMini (using iTunes) without any problems, so the problem must be with the Arch box.

EDIT: Wikipedia:

With iTunes 7.0, a new 'Client-DAAP-Validation' header hash is needed when connecting to an iTunes 7.0 server. This does not affect 3rd party DAAP servers, but all current DAAP clients (including official iTunes before iTunes 7.0) will fail to connect to an iTunes 7.0 server, receiving a '403 Forbidden' HTTP error

Damn...

Cheers,

chell

Last edited by chell (2007-07-08 18:43:20)

Board footer