You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-06 12:06:25

PurplePerson

NFS client 'Segmentation Fault'

Hi All,

Just switched from Frollicking Filly (or something) to Arch, and have almost everything running sweetly except for being able to access my NFS shares on my server (Buffalo Linkstation NAS running Debian - sweet!).

Anyway whenever it tries to mount the NFS share, either from startup using the fstab entry, or with a direct "mount -t nfs server:/nfs_share /nfs_share" it fails with a Segmentaion Fault.

I am pretty sure my daemons are set up OK, and don't think there were any modules I had to load for it. The shares themselves are fine as I can access them from a live CD with no problems. It is definately a problem with my Arch client setup. I'm pretty sure the standard nfs in Debian is nfs version 3 (seems to be, well it's definately not v4).

From my rc.conf here are my modules and daemons lines:

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng network portmap nfslock hal @sshd @ntpd @samba @alsa @crond @cpufreq autofs netfs powersaved)

MODULES=(e100 eepro100 mii fuse wlan vboxdrv p4_clockmod cpufreq_powersave)

The problem appears when the netfs daemon is run and tries to execute the 'mount' command for any nfs shares. The only error message I get is 'Segmentation Fault'

Any insight into this would be great as I am very reliant on my NFS shares due to primarily using a laptop, which doesn't have enough storage space for all my stuff..... I need my music aaarrrgh.

Cheers

#2 2007-07-09 21:34:56

Kerneli

Re: NFS client 'Segmentation Fault'

First, sorry my bad English..

I have a similar problem.. I also have a Linkstation with debian (Freelink).

When I try to mount nfs shares from it, I get only "Segmentation fault" too. I can acces them from xubuntu livecd and my previous xubuntu installation. I can mount nfs shares from other computers but not from Linkstation.

Please Help.

Thanks smile

Last edited by Kerneli (2007-07-09 21:35:26)

Board footer