You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-03 14:26:57

FUBAR
Website

Migrate from Active Directory to OpenLDAP (& Samba)

Is it even possible to migrate from Active Directory to OpenLDAP? I've been googling for hours now, and I can't really find an actual guide. What I'd really like to achieve is to authenticate users against OpenLDAP. But the OpenLDAP directory should be populated with the data from the AD.

Someone tried to do this already here, but somehow the passwords of all the users got corrupted (or simply aren't recognized) and so his work was pretty useless.

If anyone knows of a way to get the user information from the AD into the OpenLDAP server correctly, I'd very much like to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#2 2007-07-06 11:34:34

FUBAR
Website

Re: Migrate from Active Directory to OpenLDAP (& Samba)

Not a popular task? Or no one has ever done it? tongue

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#3 2007-07-06 13:27:45

Moo-Crumpus

I fear samba and ad are no hot topics inside the arch community. I once reworked the wiki section about archlinux as a client for active directory, and had no response @ all. Don't get me wrong, I am not wining, but I guess most users here do just other real cool things instead of matching their machines against microsoft techniques.

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

#4 2007-07-13 08:29:24

phrearch

it's possible. there are some migration scripts available in the /etc/openldap/schema dir. I think you need to write some custom ldif, or get it elsewhere. Not sure though, i just started with ldap...
btw, maybe you can post your findings into the openldap wiki entry (http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HOW … entication)
I'll do the same, whenever i get a little further...

Last edited by phrearch (2007-07-13 08:31:54)

Board footer